Refreshing, yet filling, this salad can be eaten warm or at room temperature. Pair with a side fruit or vegetable, such as cabbage slaw, for a balanced plate.Serves 4
- 6 ounces soba (buckwheat) noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound snap peas, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Cook noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes. Then drain, toss with 2 teaspoons sesame oil, and set aside.
- In large sauté pan or wok, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger, shrimp, and carrots, and cook until shrimp are pink on each side, about 1-2 minutes per side. Stir in remaining sesame oil, snap peas, soy sauce, and rice vinegar and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Toss noodles into pan quickly and then remove from heat and serve.