Reinvent asparagus by shaving the spears into a salad that includes savory prosciutto and sweet date dressing.Serves 4
- 3 large Medjool dates, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 12 large* asparagus spears *
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- Up to 1 tablespoon water
- 1.5 ounces prosciutto, pulled into strips
- Zest of 1/2 an orange
- Add vinegar to dates in a bowl and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- While dates are marinating, trim any rough ends of asparagus spears and carefully shave into ribbons using a vegetable peeler or mandolin.
- Blend dates with vinegar in a blender, food processor, or with an immersion blender. Blend in orange juice and olive oil and add enough water to create a thick dressing consistency.
- Gently toss dressing with asparagus ribbons and prosciutto. Top with orange zest.
*As the asparagus spears are shaved into ribbons, larger spears are preferred.