Increase the vegetable proteins in your diet with this delicious dish of greens and nuts.Serves 4-6
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts, raw
- 2 bunches of kale
- 4 tablespoons walnut oil or olive oil
- 4 shallots, finely diced
- 3-5 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb linguine or other pasta
- Toast walnuts in a skillet over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Remove leaves from kale and coarsely chop. Discard thick stems.
- Heat oil over medium. Add shallots and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in kale, salt, and pepper and stir while cooking until kale leaves have wilted, about 5 minutes.
- While kale is sautéing, cook pasta in boiling salted water about 10 minutes (al dente). Drain and add to kale mixture with 1/4 cup of water (may use water that pasta boiled in). Stir in walnuts, drizzle with olive oil, and add more seasoning if desired.