Explore herbs and tailor the fragrance of this robust dish to your own liking.
RECIPEMakes six 3-4 ounce servings
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast, raw
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning blend (oregano, rosemary,and basil)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1tablespoon canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Season chicken with seasoning blend and pepper.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, pan sear chicken on both sides and set aside. When all chicken is browned,leave remaining oil in pan and reduce heat to low.
- Add garlic to pan and cook over low heat until lightly browned; stirring frequently.Add wine, salt, chicken stock, and thyme scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Simmer until liquid is reduced by 1/3.
- Pour sauce over the chicken and roast uncovered until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Top with sauce. Serve hot, with one 3-4 oz chicken breast and one ounce of sauce per guest.