Mildly spiced, this vegetable and bean-based curry is quick, simple, and warming. Pair with a whole grain such as brown rice or quinoa for a balanced plate.Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 14 ounce can coconut milk
- 2 cups cooked, dried garbanzo beans*
- 4 ounces vegetable broth
- Chopped cilantro, cashews, scallions for garnish if desired
Heat coconut oil in a heavy-bottomed pot on medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook for several minutes until soft. Stir in curry powder, cauliflower florets, and coconut milk and cook until soft. Stir in garbanzo beans and up to 4 ounces vegetable broth as needed to thin sauce. Cook until heated through.
Serve over cooked whole grain, garnished with cilantro, cashews, scallions as desired.
*Bon Appétit chefs use cooked, dried beans. If you prefer to use canned beans at home, be sure to rinse thoroughly before using.