Grilling is a great way to infuse flavor into food while keeping your house cool. Here, Bon Appétit chefs Brian Anderson and Jeff Tachibana incorporate grilled apricots into a light, summery entrée.Serves 4
- 6 each fresh apricots, halved and pitted
- 1 pound chicken breast (4 ounces each)
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 2 ounces aged balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Garam Masala
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup cashews (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate the chicken in 2 tablespoons of olive oil with Garam Masala, salt and pepper for 30 minutes.
- Grill chicken over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until an internal temp of 165F.
- Toss apricots in 1 tablespoon olive oil and grill over high for 5 minutes, until lightly charred and softened.
- Toast the cashews in a skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly for three minutes or until golden. Transfer to a cutting board and roughly chop.
- Place the cashews in a bowl and whisk with vinegar and remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the arugula and toss.
- Plate 1/2 cup of the arugula, top with apricots, crumbled goat cheese, and chicken breast.